Saturday, September 3, 2005

...And Guest

If you've ever gotten a wedding invitation as a single person, you know the term well. "And Guest" gets tacked on to the end of your name on the inside envelope. I've often wondered who this is. I've never really met anyone named Guest and I certainly don't have any college degrees that give me the title of "And Guest." So what's a girl to do. The last time I went to the grocery store, I considered walking through asking everyone if their name was Guest. I figured if I could just find this person, my search would be over and I could send in my response card not feeling defeated like I always do for not being able to find that person. Just for funzies, I did a search on Anywho.com for the last name of Guest in Virginia. There are actually 58 of them. Not all of them are men, of course. There are actually 2 of them in Alexandria. Both are men. But like anyone in their right mind would call them up and ask if they were single and if so would they like to go to a wedding. Ok...so both numbers were busy when I dialed. KIDDING...SO KIDDING.

In any case, I'm writing all this is to say that when I returned from my conference in Boston, my invitation to my brother's wedding was in my mailbox. It's actually the most beautiful invitation I've ever seen. The envelope and invitation are both shiny and copper (reminds you of a penny but darker). It's all done in fall colors and themes, i.e., leaves. But on the invitation it says Leann and Guest...so, again, I begin my search. I feel like putting out a personal ad that reads what is on the menu for the reception with the headline Florida in October. :) Ah...what the heck...it's my blog...I can do with it what I want, right............

The wedding is October 29th in Tampa, Florida. Florida in October is fantastic!!! The humidity seems to dissipate for a little while and there's actually a slight breeze at night. The wedding and reception is at a place with what people tell me is a really funny name...The Rusty Pelican. But in Florida if your place isn't named after something you find at the beach, you're doing something wrong. :) I'm actually in the wedding (see previous posts on the bridesmaid's dress which is being shipped to me next week), but I'd kind of just like to have someone there to hang out with, dance with, and enjoy the weekend with who is there with me because this going stag stuff is getting old. But, I digress...on to the menu:

The reception is actually a sit down dinner with all the trimmings (and we're eating dessert first...my favorite part!). Food will consist of: Hors d'Oeuvres: Fruit & Cheese Display, Fresh Vegetable Crudite with Dipping Sauce, Salami Cornets, Skewered Chicken Sate with Thai Peanut Sauce, Crab-stuffed Mushroom Caps, Shrimp Display, and Chocolate Covered Strawberries Entree: Filet Mignon and Chicken Marsala, House Salad, Chef's Vegetables, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Bread Dessert: Wedding Cake, Grooms Cake, and Dessert Table.

But the rehearsal dinner the night before is something I'm really excited about. It's at a place called Castaways (note the beach theme). And my brother and Janet have picked out a menu of breakfast foods. I think it's so unique and fun because I love breakfast for dinner. I don't know what all is being served, but I do know there will be a ham carving station and an omelet station.

So there it is...my personal advertisement for anyone (that I know) who would be interested in a mini-vacation to Florida in October for some really great food...nevermind the fact that you have to be subjected to a wedding to get the food and the mini-vaca.

Any takers?????

3 Comments:

At 9/07/2005 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Ann & I will make sure your invitation says "and Peyton," how's that sound?

 
At 9/07/2005 3:30 PM, Blogger Leann said...

It would have to read "and Peyton (not including Ashley Thompson Manning)."

Darn wives always get in the way. :)

 
At 9/09/2005 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can change my name to Guest. hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home