Monday, August 8, 2005

August Recess ROCKS


I think it is phenomenally wonderful and quite sweet of Congress to take August Recess in honor of my Birthday. Ok...Ok...so I know it's not because of me, but it's a nice thought anyway. And, since it's my birthday I'm just going to go on being delusional...because I can.

All year long we wait for it, they tease us with those week-long recesses each month, but we all know we're really and truly waiting for that month-long one. And then August arrives like a choir of angels singing in my head. Now, of course, I love my job (Shout out to Sammie Gene for getting me this job). I've really never been happier in any job I've had because I love what I get to do at this job. It's just a lot of fun (can I say that about a job). But, with every job you have, you always want a chance to relax and not be so "on top of things." Most people call this vacation. I call it recess. I still have the same amount of work, in fact, some days I feel like I have more work than I do when they're in session. But the quietness of the hallways, the fewer phone calls, the early dismissals (ok so it's only an hour), the more casual dress, and the general relaxed feeling. It's just kind of like my own private little summer vacation. Most people have a slow news day every now and then, but August recess just feels like a slow news day every day. And we have a whole 19 work days left of it. YAHOO!!!!

3 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 8:43 PM, Blogger kob said...

Nice post

 
At 8/09/2005 10:22 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

The week between Christmas and New Years is the same way..

 
At 8/11/2005 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy yester-birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home