Monday, July 25, 2005

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I was driving back from North Carolina yesterday and heard the sportstalk guys on the radio say the sweetest words I've heard in a while. TRAINING CAMP OFFICIALLY OPENS TOMORROW. Oh how I love to hear that...if for nothing else but the simple promise that should the world not end in the near future (which would be okay, too), then the NFL will live to play another season. YAHOO!!!! I've survived another drought in the sports world (as I see it since I don't readily watch baseball...sorry Kel). It's just those few months following March Madness that get me every year. I think it's because all the TV shows I watch are on hiatus and there's nothing to fill my boring life with. :) But yes...NFL Training Camp opened today. How sweet it is!! So, let's get this party started and see how soon we can get rid of the undefeateds, wake up the sleepers, criticize (I mean...welcome) the rookies, watch the nailbiter won with a game winning field goal, and predict the superbowl winner. My personal vote is for the Colts...say what you will, but I'm holding out hope that someday Peyton will get his ring. If you don't think so...go ask any Elway fan how long they had to hold out hope.

Happy 1st day of the 2005 NFL season!!!

1 Comments:

At 7/29/2005 12:13 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

Elway had it harder. Losing 3 super bowls by worse and worse amounts. I heard he cried like a little girl who skinned her knee when he lost to the 9ers...not that I blame him. I would have too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home