Thursday, July 7, 2005

Sanford and Son

Sometimes I think it might be easier to just move (which I'm actually planning to do at the end of the summer but that's a different blog entry).

I abhor cleaning (especially bathrooms...but cleaning in general). My parents are coming next week, so I have to clean my apartment. This is primarily so my mother won't think she did a horrible job raising me and didn't even teach me how to pick up after myself. This is completely untrue, of course. I can pick up after myself, but boy do I thoroughly dislike having to do it. I have a partial photographic memory, so, as a child, if my mother asked me where something was, I could picture just where it was in the pigsty I called my room. But the minute I cleaned everything up (at her request and my protesting), my photographic memory was gone. I honestly knew where NOTHING was. It's changed a bit now...during the cleaning for this visit by the folks, I've actually found things I'd forgotten about or sadly have been searching for recently.

The horrible flip side of all this is that I know my mother is right (shhh...don't tell her). Things are much nicer when they're clean and put away. I CAN function better that way. I do like my apartment much better when everything is clean. And now that I'm older and have my own places to put things, I know where things are even after I clean. I just wish there was some way to get to the clean/put away stage without having to actually clean. Oh well...until then I better get off this computer and back to the junk.

P.S. Could someone please find a way to keep dust from coming back!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha!!! you and i could be friends!!! the chamness's dog, chippy, came to stay with us years back. they warned us he would run off with articles of clothes and anything that wasn't nailed down. he walked right in and never bothered a single thing. i think he thought he was in heaven. everything was exactly to his specifications. p.s. remember, dust is really STARDUST!!! Also, if your place needs a mother's touch, your mom will love it, just like, no doubt, she loves you!!!

 
At 7/08/2005 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, you're moving?
I agree about the cleaning thing. Were our mothers really right??! :)

 
At 7/08/2005 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I hate cleaning too! Since Alexis has been here, with classes on top of that, things have gotten out of hand in that department. I've got to do a serious clean up job now that exams are over, but I'm dreading it.

 
At 7/10/2005 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. i always agree with the old adage: "housework done properly can kill you".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home