Saturday, June 18, 2005

Elevator Thoughts

I'm sure you can tell from my blog that I have some really random thoughts and every now and then things just hit me...my mind wanders and suddenly I'm daydreaming or off on some wild tangent that no one ever would have seen coming. So, it came as no surprise to me that the other day I walked smack-dab into a tangent. I pushed the button on the elevator at work on my way to my office. I noticed at the top of the elevator that the car was coming from the floor I was going to. Then, I think as pure entertainment for myself, I started thinking about the things that an elevator might say or think...if it could.

"Oh goody...another customer...and just when I was about to nap."
"Good grief...I just came from the 3rd floor...it's not all it's cracked up to be...believe me."
"Read the sign people...it says MAX 2,000 pounds...not tons."
"These people know just how to push my buttons."
"Oh sure...Uncle OTIS gets to work at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, and I'm stuck here in Duluth...nothing ever happens in Duluth that has to 'stay' in Duluth."
"Now if I can just get myself stuck these people will have to hit the alarm and those HOT firemen will come and pull my doors open, again."
"NO, KID...it's NOT fun to stop on EVERY floor."

I'm sure I could come up with many more, but that's all I've got for right now. Any additions of your own???

3 Comments:

At 6/19/2005 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need help. I should know. I mean, I took a couple of psyc classes...

 
At 6/19/2005 8:07 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Yeah I took a psych 101 class and learned all about my problems. :) Remember...I never said that the posts were going to make sense...just that they were going to be random. But come on...you can't tell me you didn't smirk or chuckle just a little bit.

 
At 6/30/2005 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're starting to sound like steve martin or robin williams or jim carrey. hey, their random thoughts make millions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home