Monday, June 6, 2005

Full Weekend (Physically and Emotionally)

I think the last time I actually got to do NOTHING on Saturday was February. Even then, it was because I had bronchitis, and my doctor ordered me to. March, April, and May were especially busy with planning church events, having church events, etc. Now, June is shaping up to be just as busy. Take, for example, this past weekend.

SATURDAY: My friends, Bryant and Darla, are moving to Texas this week, so we had a going away party for them on Saturday. It was scheduled from noon to 5, but I could only stay for about 2.5 hours. Around 2:30 I left to go to Ian Kerby's 2nd Birthday party. (Side Note: I accidentally forgot my camera or I would have pictures to show you of this adorable kid and just how much he is loved. I especially need a picture of him on the motorcycle [power wheels type] his mommy got him while he was wearing the orange Harley Davidson shirt I got him. All he needed was a temporary tattoo on his upper arm and he would have looked perfect.) After Ian's birthday party, I left to go to the bowling alley in Chantilly to chaperone the Teen Hang Time. I love the youth group at our church. They are some of the nicest teenagers I've ever met, and half of them don't act like teenagers, which is really impressive to me. By the time, I finished at the bowling alley, some friends of mine decided we needed a late dinner. So, we did that and then I think I got home around 11:45 or so.

SUNDAY: I got up for 1st service at church and then started the summer quarter in my Bible class. I "teach" the seedlings class, which is the 0-12 months group in the nursery. So basically we sing a bunch of "Bible themed God made everything" songs to keep their attention while the parents are away at their own Bible classes. It's a lot of fun and I've got a whole new crop of babies to play with this quarter. I know I'm not supposed to have favorites, but I'm REALLY excited about having Sam Drown in my class. He's the most adorable, happy baby I've ever met. Anyway...after Bible class, I met up with my small group (Bible study group). My previous group was getting too large, so we decided to split. This past Sunday was our first meeting after the split. My group now meets at 2pm, but this first time we had to meet up after Bible class because a few of us had an obligation that afternoon. We went to IHOP for an organizational, "what do you want out of the group" meeting over pancakes and STUFFED FRENCH TOAST. It's the little things like stuffed french toast that make me smile. After IHOP, I went to the Senior Banquet for the graduating high school seniors at our church. (Note my adoration for this group above). I started doing lock-ins with the teen group about 3 years ago and, so this is my first group that I really got to know. Sammie Young was the speaker (see my entry on Sammie from May 21st). He did a fantastic job and almost made me cry. Then they showed the slide show of each of the graduates from birth up to Senior picture. That did make me cry. Next, they handed out gifts. Finally, we could take pictures. I took tons, but I haven't had a chance to upload them for this site. After the banquet, I got to go home and relax. The beauty of the 2pm small group is that I will get to go home and relax for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

So that was my weekend...jam-packed as it might have been. It was rewarding because I did have a good time, but boy am I exhausted: emotionally and physically. I don't really like saying good-bye to anyone and this weekend I had to say good-bye to Bryant and Darla and start thinking about saying good-bye to the seniors who are going off to college. But I did get to see a 2 year old open some really awesome toys and hang out with the teens while they bowled. It's give and take I suppose, but I really just want some sleep. :)

2 Comments:

At 6/07/2005 4:28 PM, Blogger Shayna Willis said...

That post made ME tired.

 
At 6/07/2005 10:38 PM, Blogger Leann said...

You're tellin' me!! I'll just keep dreaming about that Saturday some time in the future when I can just do nothing and sleep all day if I want. When that day finally comes, it will be even more rewarding. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home