Thursday, May 5, 2005

Bathroom Scales and Retiring Co-Workers

I hate bathroom scales. I'm not sure if I hate them because they tell me something I don't WANT to know or because they tell me something I NEED to know. This morning, my scale was very unkind. I didn't feel or look as heavy as it said I was, but I guess it was one more reminder that I need to be more disciplined on my eating habits. I hate to exercise, too, so I pretty much have to rely on my eating habits to decrease my weight. My clothes still fit. They're getting a little tighter, but sometimes I choose to think they shrunk in the dryer. :) The thing is I know what I need to do to get back to where I was about a year ago, but it's that whole wake up call/take action motivator that I'm lacking. Tomorrow is another day...maybe I'll have motivation then. :)

I love my job and my relationships with my co-workers contribute to how much I love my job. But, my favorite co-worker (we'll call her HHM) is retiring today, so losing HHM will actually decrease how much I love my job. She's listened to me vent quite often, and the best things she's ever done has been that...to genuinely listen. I'm not a fan of change, so as you can imagine, I'm not dealing with this so well. I guess I'm just going to miss my friend. She's always the first person to say Good Morning to me and give me a smile. When you start living on your own, you start to recognize those people who first greeted you in the morning like your parents when you were little. That person has changed for me over the years, but I don't know that any of them have ever had as a bright a smile for me in the morning as HHM. Who's that person for you?

2 Comments:

At 5/19/2005 10:22 AM, Blogger Shayna Willis said...

I hate scales too!! You should go by how you feel and how your clothes feel because scales are truly depressing. I didn't own one until Carl bought one. Curse you, Carl! I obsessed about it for a day. Stepped on it and then, thought, "I'll never do that again."

 
At 5/19/2005 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I relate to your anticipation of missing that one person who smiles at you first thing each morning, and, even more importantly, ACTUALLY SAYS YOUR NAME!!!! Well, I guess we learn from them and pass along the love to others who may need to hear their name said each day!!! And pray like crazy that someone will still give us the love!!!! No matter how old we get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home