Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ode To Jacque



Today is my friend Jacque's birthday. All of us are special in our own right, but Jacque is one of those heaven-sent specials. She's got the beauty of Anne Hathaway, the quirkiness of Natalie Portman, and the grace of, well, Grace Kelly. :) There are people in this world that always blow me away at how kind and generous they are, and Jacque is one of them. She will never hesitate to do whatever she can to make your life a little happier or sunnier when you've resolved to have a day of doom and gloom. As silly as it might sound, she really does seem to light up a room when she walks in. :) I could go on and on about how wonderful a friend she is and how she deserves nothing but the best, but I'm sure she's quite embarassed at this point already. But I'll say this: I know there are millions of people in this world that I will not have the pleasure of meeting until we meet in Heaven, but I am so thankful that God blessed me with the opportunity to know Jacque in this world, first, especially as a friend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACQUE!!!

2 Comments:

At 5/19/2005 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember one of the first times i noticed jacque. she was maybe 8 or 9 yrs old, sitting on a chair against the wall in the church foyer on a sunday. she was in a cute little dress swinging her legs and looking at her shoes. she looked like an illustration in a victorian era fairy tale. i thought, wow, i wish she were my daughter!!!! turns out she is indeed a great role model for my precious daughter.

 
At 5/19/2005 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. i was attracted to your blog b/c i noticed you said SLAUGHTER HOUSE FIVE and GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!! WOW!!!! You're so young to have such good taste!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home