Thursday, July 14, 2005

Chocoholics Unite

It's hard to find a woman who doesn't like chocolate or some form of it. I have actually met a few who don't, but it is rare. It's not so rare to find a chocoholic, but an overly obsessed chocoholic can be a diamond in the rough, a needle in a haystack, a gem if you will. I've self-diagnosed myself as an overly obsessed chocoholic and since I refuse to believe anyone could ever come up with a 12-step program for this, I'm content with being so. Then, one day, Laurie walked into my life...well actually Jeff (her husband) threw a pen at me and that's how we met...but that's a story for another time. In any case, Laurie is of the same mindset as me...in lots of ways...it's almost scary sometimes. Every now and then I'll voice one of the thoughts in my head (this can be dangerous...don't try this at home kids) and Laurie will say...I know I thought the same thing. Never is this more true then when we talk about chocolate. It is definitely mood altering...and the best part is that it's legal for consumption. :) Yesterday was Laurie's 23rd Birthday, and we surprised her with a dessert party at TGI Fridays last night. Before she even got there, I'd asked the waiter to bring a Brownie Obsession (see there's that word, again) for the birthday girl. We chocoholics know where the stuff is...and if you're lucky enough you can become a chocolate connoisseur much like Laurie and I have become over the years prior to the afore mentioned pen throwing.

The beauty of all this is that through our love of chocolate I met a wonderful, funny, amazing, brilliant, caring friend. So not only can chocolate be mood altering...it can be life changing. My life has been truly blessed with Laurie in it. And I thank God for creating chocolate, making Laurie and me obsessed with consuming it, and causing Jeff to throw a pen at me so that I would know this beautiful creation of His BEFORE we get to Heaven. Happy Birthday, Laurie!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home