Monday, July 18, 2005

Autopilot

Lately I've kind of felt like I was in a rut or funk. It hit home last week when I was driving to Fairfax and realized that I wasn't even thinking. This isn't the first time I've thought this way. I've noticed it before, but I really noticed it that night when I thought, wow, I wonder if my car would just go there if I didn't steer it in that direction. Obviously it would not, but I just kind of felt like I was going through the motions of living. Don't get me wrong, I have a great life, a great job, great friends and family, a great church, and an awesome Heavenly Father. But every now and then I think am I doing enough, am I doing too much, am I not doing at all. Am I just wading through this place we call earth until God calls me home (which at 27 can be a long way off or can be tomorrow...who knows)? Am I missing something? Is there an adventure or leap of faith that I should be taking but can't quite put my finger on it? Life really is too short to have regrets, which is why I try to live my life without them. It's not easy, but at least I try. But, every now and then I get this urge to just get in my car and go somewhere I've never been...To mark one more thing off that mental list I have of things to do or see before I die. Time and money constraints and obligations tend to bring me back to reality, but I always know that deep inside of me it's still there. For now, I suppose I'll just stay in this rut and look forward to whatever or whomever will bring me out of it.

9 Comments:

At 7/18/2005 7:06 PM, Blogger Shayna Willis said...

My lovely Leann, I would only worry about it if you didn't worry about it. It's the people that think they're doing enough that aren't. You throw yourself into any and everything in the Lord's service. Keep up the good work!

 
At 7/19/2005 8:51 AM, Blogger Sign2Jill said...

Amen to what Shayna said! Leann, we need you here! You do bring more joy to God's family than I think you'll ever realize. :-)

P.S. I can't wait to be in God's kingdom with you!

 
At 7/19/2005 9:47 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

I third the emotion! :) Love you Leann!

 
At 7/19/2005 10:28 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

I totally understand where you're coming from...I've been there myself many times. Sometimes it helps just to do something little out of the ordinary...try a new flavor of ice cream...drive out to a winery in Leesburg...make out with a hot guy on the metro...(I especailly recommend the last one). ;) And I second everyone else's remarks...you do so much for those around you. I have been blessed by being your friend. Know that you're loved! :)

 
At 7/19/2005 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to Hannah's comments. I have been truly blessed by your friendship. Those ruts always come along, so don't fall too hard. Please know that you are loved and appreciated by everyone here. By the way, what's up with the making out with a hot guy on the metro? If you do that, I totally want to hear about it! :)

 
At 7/19/2005 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with what everyone else said, well except that I haven't decided if you should just make out with any hot guy on metro (sorry Hannah). =) But seriously, you brighten up my day every time you email me. And i truly am blessed to have you as a friend. Love ya Leann!!!

 
At 7/19/2005 4:08 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Just for clarification...the making out w/a guy on the metro comment was soley for shock/laugh value. Neither Leann or I are that kind of girl! :)

 
At 7/20/2005 5:17 PM, Blogger Leann said...

Don't be too sure...those yellow and red line riders are hotties. KIDDING! But at 8:30 in the morning, I'm just wishing I was still asleep. Thank you all for your thoughts. They made me laugh, cry, smile, etc. What's a girl like me doing in a rut when she's got friends like y'all?!?!?

 
At 7/20/2005 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ruts are God's little reminders to shake it baby shake it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home