Friday, August 5, 2005

Multiplicity

This whole 9 months thing is torture for a person with little or no patience (like myself) and I'm not even the one who's pregnant. My friends Ben and Katherine are expecting a baby at the VERY END of December. They have a sonogram on August 8th to see if the baby will cooperate long enough to determine its gender, but until then, I'm having tons of fun taking pictures from the outside. When they told me they were pregnant, I cried, and I don't think I've really stopped being giddy and excited about it since. But I'm tellin' you...I'm ready for that kid to be here already so I can play and cuddle and oh and ah. Oh yeah...and babysit and change diapers and teach it in nursery school, etc. We've dubbed the little tyke Peanut until the gender is determined and we can call it by its planned name (I say planned because B and K could change their minds at any moment).

It has really been so much fun hearing about their doctor visits and watching Katherine's tummy grow. I especially enjoy (the couple of times I have) going shopping with her for maternity clothes. They just look so darned cute on her. We had a lot of fun early on (before their first appointment) freaking Ben out over the prospect that Katherine was having twins. I mean there's no history of twins in their family, but we still loved watching the blood drain out of his face at the idea of there being 2 instead of 1. But the blood started pumping properly again once the mid-wife told them she could only hear one heart beat. (Nothin' but love for you Ben!)

So, I guess we've got roughly less than 5 months remaining. We're almost 1/2 way there. YAHOO!! I say "We" like I had any part in it...yeah right...although since Katherine isn't planning on the epidural, maybe I'll have it instead. :)

Here are some pictures I took of the BEAUTIFULLY expanding waistline. No matter how much someone might tell you that it's not a miracle...every time I see her tummy and feel Peanut kick, I start to cry at how absolutely magnificent it all is. Peanut Pictures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home