Monday, July 25, 2005

Magnificent Seven


I was somewhere around Archdale, NC when I turned on the Sports Talk station to hear if Lance Armstrong had accomplished his goal. Not that I doubted, but you never know when that gut-wrenching crash is going to do him in. He almost had one of those yesterday, but was able to stay upright. In the end, he toasted his biggest rivals who are also his friends and retired at the age of 33. As far as athletes go, I'd have to say he's the strongest. I don't think any other sport calls on as much of your body as cycling does. I saw the stats this morning on ESPN. During his seven victories, he has traveled over 15,000 miles and won by a combined total of over 39 minutes. He has been awarded the yellow jersey 83 times...second only to some guy who has 111 of them. So, congrats, Lance. It's been a great ride. Thanks for taking us along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home