Thursday, August 4, 2005

Ta-Ta For Now

I know this post has been delayed this week, but even though it's August Recess...my amount of work seems to increase instead of decrease...it's just more quiet. (More on this in an upcoming post.) In any case, this week we are saying "good-bye" to two fabulous Christian men in our presence. Both are going in opposite directions to take on totally different adventures. Before they go, I wanted to send a little message to them both to say how much I appreciate having had them in my life.

Jason:

There were no proper words in college when I said "good-bye" to you then, and I think I'm even more speechless this time around. When I think back on the people we went to college with, I don't think I ever would have expected you to be the one that would re-enter my life at a later time. I think because I never expected anyone else to end up in DC. I still can't believe that you walked into church that day and that you just happened to sit on the same side of the auditorium as me. I think at that point, we both needed a little taste of "home" and God knew it. You are a remarkable human being who is talented and intelligent (more than you know). More than that, I think few people really know how genuine and kind your heart is. I hope during this next adventure in your life that you will open up that part of you more. And should our paths cross again...I'll be the blessed one...see you on the right side of the auditorium (the only right side I ever sit on). :)



Dan:

It was too brief...this time we shared. A lot of people have floated in and out of our small groups over the last few years, but none of them have walked in and fit in so immediately as you. You have made me laugh more times than I can count and I'm sadden that the new laughs are being taken away. I will hold on to the memories of the old laughs for as long as I can. Iowa has no idea what's coming, but I know this for sure...both you and the state will be changed forever. Law school (as I'm told) commands quite a bit of your attention, but I hope you'll find those 15 minutes in the next 3 years when you can have some time to yourself. Go forth and learn (and teach). :)



Ok...that's it...before I really start to cry. Thanks for the memories, y'all. See you on the other side if I don't see you sooner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home