Thursday, August 11, 2005

Just What I Wanted

My brother called me at work today to tell me some great news. (Believe me, by the end of this you'll realize how much the little things count to me.) A couple of weeks ago, I sent 21 letters signed by my parents, Andy, Janet, and me to AirTran Airways explaining the situation (Original Story) that happened to Andy and Janet. 21 letters to the entire corporate team and the board of directors. I did my research and even included little bits and pieces of their mission, values, and principles in the letters in the hopes that they would realize that they were promising something to their customers that wasn't being fulfilled. If Andy and Janet had been told that they weren't going to make their connection in Atlanta, then we could have tried to get them on another flight on another airline, but, instead, they were told just the opposite.

So, my brother called to tell me that he had received a letter from AirTran saying lots of corporate mumbo jumbo about how they don't do this or that, but also in there was a little nugget of joy. They refunded the entire cost of the tickets, which turned out to be Andy and Janet's trip to the Atlanta Airport. I mean, come on, when's the last time you paid to go see an airport??? I was actually very pleased with the outcome because when I sent those letters all I really wanted was for them to refund the cost of the tickets. So, YEA for the written word, I accomplished my goal!!

Ok...now I have to go pack to go home for the pre-wedding bridal party events (read: showers, parties, etc.).

2 Comments:

At 8/13/2005 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's thrilling to witness a slingshot bring down a giant. I think your slingshot had some special guidance!!!

 
At 8/13/2005 11:12 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Mandrake :)...I didn't want to use my blog as a means for people to feel like they HAD to wish me a happy birthday on my blog. Just wanted everyone to know what I was celebrating that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home