Thursday, September 15, 2005

Making a House a Home

It's done. I signed the lease. I got the keys. Now I just have to actually move. Tomorrow I get to call the utility companies and have them switch everything to my name. Thankfully, the landlady didn't have them turned off, so I just have to have the name changed. Then I get to order cable and phone service. And then...I get to pay the bills for it all. YAHOO!!!

I have to say though. Leaving the house tonight after I'd signed the lease felt really good. It was mine (sort of). I can't wait to have everything there and all settled in.

P.S. My landlady just found out that her niece has cancer that developed from a tumor in her leg, so if y'all wouldn't mind praying for that situation when you say your prayers.

5 Comments:

At 9/15/2005 11:42 PM, Blogger Ellyn said...

Congrats on the house! You are kind a like a neighbor! Welcome to the hood! (that was for sammie's benefit)We love it out here!

YOu need to start having crops at your house! I might come! I need to come!

 
At 9/15/2005 11:44 PM, Blogger Leann said...

That's the plan. To start having some crops at my house. YEA!!!

We have a new catalog coming out this month, too!

 
At 9/17/2005 5:10 PM, Blogger Jacque said...

Woo hoo...you go girl. Congratulations. I can't wait to come visit - that is, if you'll allow a "mover" like me to come. :) Please, please let me come.

 
At 9/17/2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Leann said...

Of course you can come visit.

 
At 9/17/2005 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house! I know you have to be super excited. I can't wait to come visit you in it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home