Thursday, November 17, 2005

Well Played...

...People Magazine!

This year's Sexiest Man Alive goes to Matthew McConaughey. I couldn't have chosen better myself. It's a great article about him, and he really is that consummate guy that all the men want to hang out with and all the women want to be with.

Some of my favorite quotes from the article:

Valentine's Day or any day? "For me, one of the toughest things about Valentine's Day is that it gets geared up as the day to profess your love. See, T-E-S-T – that's a bad word that doesn't go with L-O-V-E. Now, if I find a gift that goes, 'Ooh, that's her' or 'That's my woman,' I'm going to get it and I'm not going to hold onto it. I don't know how to save it. I'll give it to you on Tuesday. The tough thing is that some of my best gifts can be Tuesday in November and then come Christmas and birthday I'm going, 'I've painted myself in a corner! How am I going to get out? I can't top the last one that I gave "just because"!'"

My father always taught me . . . "Don't say 'can't' and don't lie. Always say 'Yes ma'am' and 'No sir.' My first whupping was when I told my brother Pat I hated him. My dad said, 'You never hate anything.' I haven't hated anything since."

My mother [Kay, 73] always told me . . . "If you woke up and you were in a bad mood, she'd make breakfast and say, 'You come in here when you're ready to see the rose in the vase and not the dust on the table.' "

When I look in the mirror, I see . . . "my mom and my dad. I'll see lines and say, 'Those are good smilers, man.' But most of the time, I see my best friend."

Upon hearing that you'd been selected as the Sexiest Man Alive ... "I like the 'Alive' part. Now I've made it. Wait until you see the roles I could take after this. You're going to see my gut hanging over, plus 22 [lbs]. It'll be a whole new kind of sexy!"

9 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 11:05 AM, Blogger Val said...

I love the comment his mother made!

 
At 11/17/2005 11:23 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

"he really is that consummate guy that all the men want to hang out with and all the women want to be with."

Sounds like me. Maybe I'll be #1 next year. :-)

 
At 11/17/2005 11:27 AM, Blogger Leann said...

If we could submit names for the running, I'm sure our church could put together a pretty good petition for you. :) Starting with Shayna's name at the top.

 
At 11/17/2005 12:12 PM, Blogger McCoy family said...

he's such a hottie, not always the greatest actor, but a hottie nonetheless.

 
At 11/17/2005 2:49 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Mmmm... ;)

 
At 11/17/2005 2:49 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

And I'll say it again: Mmmm...

 
At 11/17/2005 4:19 PM, Blogger Jacque said...

Um, how do you write "hummana, hummana, hummmana?"

 
At 11/17/2005 5:43 PM, Blogger Jill said...

LOVE HIM!!!

 
At 11/18/2005 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I highly recommend his thriller film FRAILITY, but urge that you avoid knowing anything about it ahead of time. His acting was super in HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS. I cringe to think of him in RETURN OF THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. I do love that he's a true Texas boy (like Patrick Swayze and Dennis Quaid). Thanks for the wonderful quotes. Like Clairee says in STEEL MAGNOLIAS, "he was raised right".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home