Saturday, November 12, 2005

THUD

That's the sound of the other shoe dropping.

In overtime:
LSU 16
Alabama 13

I'd had this feeling all week...that the LSU weekend was going to be our undoing. I have to say I'm actually more relaxed now. Before the game ended I thought I was going to pass out or worse...throw up. I'm not saying I wanted our boys to lose, but knowing that I don't have to wonder when the other shoe will drop or when we'll lose a game, if at all, is kind of a sigh of relief. I wish we could have had an undefeated season, but for those who believe in karma, you knew this was coming. Too many times we relied on the 3 point game. I'm not saying you can't win a game with field goals (we proved you can this season), but at some point you're gonna have to start doing more than that. More power to LSU. I have to say that if we don't make it to the SEC championship, I hope LSU does and I hope they win it for the SEC West.

We've got one more game left...Auburn. I'm hoping we can win that one but I'll certainly be happy with the wins we came up with this season that we weren't supposed to. It's been a banner season so far, but we're not done. We've still got, like I said, Auburn and a bowl game for sure. The SEC Championship game is still up for grabs though.

ROLL TIDE ROLL...ALWAYS!