Friday, November 4, 2005

Twisted

Last Sunday was so relaxing. It took me a while to figure out why I felt so calm and collected and then I realized...the Colts were on the bye week. I didn't have to concern myself with whether or not they would win. Oh it was nice. Why can't every week be a bye week. Oh yeah...we'd never get anywhere. In any case...it's finally here. The weekend I dread the most during the NFL season...Monday night 9pm ET the other shoe may very well finally hit the ground as the Colts take on the Patriots in Foxborough. Peyton (just as in college against Florida) cannot beat the Patriots in Foxborough. He's beaten them but not since Drew Bledsoe was the Pats QB. There is no other game on the Colts schedule that I dread more than this one. This game is 90% psychological and Peyton hasn't been able to get past it, yet. I adore that boy and know he has far more potential than he's already displayed on the field, but this game is that perpetual monkey on the back. The Patriots are beatable (as we've seen 3 times this season already)...the Colts just need to figure out the key. So my wonderful, beautiful 7-0 Colts are going head-on into a firing squad. I just hope they're armed properly to defend themselves. Most of the articles I've read say the Colts can do it, but that they haven't been truly tested yet with the teams they played the first half of the season. All I do know is that my stomach has turned over so many times that it's twisted beyond repair...well it might start to unkink with a win in Foxborough and seriously come completely untwisted with a championship trophy in Motown. Oh how I wish it were Tuesday already.

P.S. Alabama won their homecoming game against "football powerhouse" Utah State. I do have to say though...it's always nice to beat an Aggie. Mississippi State this weekend. I think I'm actually more nervous about this game than I have been for any other game. This very well could be our undoing and while I'd love it for Sylvester Croom, I'd hate it for us. Here comes the ulcer, again.

1 Comments:

At 11/04/2005 1:50 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

Payton has funny commercials.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home