Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Quick...What's Your Theme Song?

You'll probably never hear me profess to being a Johnny Cash fan. In fact, I never really understood the guy, but as I completely understand my obsessions, I submit to understanding other people's obsessions (within legal limits). This weekend I went to the movies and saw Just Like Heaven (great movie...total chick flick...LOVE MARK RUFFALO). During the previews, they showed the trailer for Walk The Line, the new movie about Johnny and June Carter Cash. In the trailer (which was really great actually), it showed a time when Johnny was trying to get started and his soon to be record producer (Sam Phillips) asked him not to just sing any song for him. He asked him to sing the one song he would sing if it were his last few minutes on earth and he were trying to explain to God what his life was all about. I think he chose "Ring of Fire," but I'm not sure.

Now I know I've seen these little survey's before..."define your life by song." People have answered them with a song for each time in their life, but I'm only asking (and only wanting) ONE. I know...it's a challenge. I've gone through several in my head for the last couple of days, but I finally decided on one and it's actually been my very favorite song for a very long time.

"The River" By Garth Brooks

You know a dream is a like a river
Ever changing as it flows
And the dreamer's just a vessel
That must follow where it goes
Trying to learn from what's behind you
And never knowing what's in store
Makes each day a constant battle
Just to stay between the shores... and

Chorus:
I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry

Too many times we stand aside
Let the waters slip away
'Til what we put off 'til tomorrow
It has now become today
So don't you sit upon the shoreline
And say you're satisfied
Choose to chance the rapids
And dare to dance the tide... yes

Repeat Chorus

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all...yes

Repeat Chorus

Yes I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
'Til the river runs dry

So what's your theme song? Remember...just one!

1 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A Change is Gonna Come" by 4-Way Street

 

Post a Comment

<< Home