Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Nervous But Not Lonely At the Top

Week 5 of the 2005 NFL Season is complete. Four teams entered the weekend with an undefeated record. Only one of these teams survived with that record in tact. The Indianapolis Colts. Sure, say what you will...
  • They haven't been tested (the players didn't pick the teams they've played so far)
  • Peyton Manning's numbers are horrible compared to last year (maybe so...or maybe his defense is finally giving him a break so his offense doesn't have to carry both sides of the ball)
  • Wait until the Patriots come calling (yeah...I'm still nervous about this one because I really believe that game is 90% mental)

Regardless of what you want to dish out, I could care less. Last year I had about 7 people to be proud of on the Colts team (Peyton, Marvin, Edgerrin, Brandon, Reggie, Marcus, Dallas). This year, I get to be proud of the entire team. I'm slowly learning the names of the defensive players, but part of me really wonders if I need to learn any other name besides TEAM. They're truly playing like one now...a balanced team. I'm still nervous and wonder when the other shoe will drop, but until then, I'll keep dreaming that I'm still talking this way on February 5th when the final seconds tick off the clock at SuperBowl XL.

P.S. Alabama moved up to 6th and 7th in the two polls and they didn't even have to snap the ball once!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home