Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I hate that guy, He's a jerk...

I thought long and hard about this one because there were so many people to choose, but I finally decided who to pick. Even though we hear all about how great he is on his wife's blog, I thought validating her claims (though unnecessary) was long overdue. The weblog of love this time goes to Carl.

Carl is quiet and unassuming. He's funny and loves to laugh. He's always willing to lend a hand without needing a lot of praise. He tirelessly works the A/V booth at church, but loves doing it. His "so what, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things" attitude towards the things of this world has taught me a lot about not creating more drama for this world that already has plenty of its own. He is a loving and supportive husband who seeks out the things that are most important to Shayna and what especially makes her happy, and he goes out of his way to make them happen. But I've seen this in him in all of his relationships with his friends. He likes people to be happy and will help out wherever he can to see that through. More importantly though, he cares so deeply about his relationship with God and wants people to know how great a relationship they can have, too. Again, though, he does it in his quiet way which kind of sneaks up on you when you're not looking. He helped lead his own wife (then girlfriend) to Christ and what a testimony they have being baptized on the same day but in different years. He gave up an easy commute to work to move to Fredericksburg and help care for his grandfather after his grandmother's death. Also, Carl is amazingly intelligent and knowledgeable about a lot of different subjects. I've gone to him more than once for advice on different situations and he's always given me a new perspective that I might not have thought of. Although I'm not a Broncos fan, I appreciate how loyal Carl is to them as I am greatly loyal to the teams that I support and love to see someone be that supportive of their own team. Sadly, he's saddled with having to look like Jeff Young, but I think Carl wears it better. :) So, here's to you, Carl...you great "big" lovable guy.

Tag...you're it...but I have a rule to add if it hasn't already been added...your weblog of love cannot go to your wife since you already do that on a weekly, if not daily, basis. :)

Sorry for the love fest on your husband, Shayna...but I think you'd agree that he deserves some recognition. :)

3 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 12:47 PM, Blogger Shayna Willis said...

Yes, I agree. He deserves all this praise and more. i just hope it doesn't go to his head. Than, he'll be even more like Jeff! :-)

 
At 11/16/2005 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wears it better?" What's that all about!??!! And Shayna, I don't have a swell head...but I AM assuming that if I had a blog (and thus were eligible for the WLOL) this entry would have been about me. Obviously.

I guess one thing that separates me from Carl is my sterling wit :-)

 
At 11/17/2005 8:43 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

I would have passed it to you Jeff..if you had a blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home