Friday, March 2, 2007

Live From New York...

It just keeps getting better and better this offseason despite my anxiety and nerves about free agency. I keep trying to remind myself that Pro Football is a business and though I love my boys, some of them won't be my boys next season. In any case, the entertainment world (or the brilliant minds at NBC, whichever you choose to believe) has brought us this for late night on March 24th:

Colts Quarterback to Host Saturday Night Live
INDIANAPOLIS – Since being named the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XLI, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning has received many offers for appearances.

Manning, the NFL’s Most Valuable Player in 2003 and 2004, said this week that on March 24 – his 31st birthday – he will host Saturday Night Live, NBC’s long-running sketch-comedy show.

“I figure this is my one shot to be asked (to host the program),” Manning told media Wednesday night at the premiere of the Colts’ Super Bowl DVD, “2006 Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions.”

“I figure it ought to be fun.”

I may be the only one (and I don't really care if I am), but this is marked on my calendar! You think they can get him to bring out the Tango?

For a funny take on what could be in store for Peyton on SNL read this article on the Indystar.com:

The Not Ready for Prime Time QB

No...Football season never ends here at Leann's Random Thoughts as I take the same approach as the NFL Network...Football 24/7.

  • 8 weeks until the Draft
  • 4 months until Training Camp starts
  • 23 weeks until the 2007 Hall of Fame enshrinement and game (Steelers vs. Saints)

2 Comments:

At 3/02/2007 5:20 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

So does this mean a NYC roadtrip for Leann in late march?

 
At 3/02/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Leann said...

I'll have to check the restraining order, but I don't think it includes the offseason. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home