Monday, February 5, 2007

It's A Beautiful Day

I can't quite put my thoughts in to words just yet about everything, but I promise that once I can, I'll let you all know them. I can say that it hasn't fully sunk in, yet and I'm still walking around wondering what just happened. We waited all season long for a 60 minute total team effort, and I, for one, am glad they held out until the end to make that happen. Every one of them played so well and fought their way through (not letting the opening kick off return get to them).

I am incredibly excited for Tony Dungy and the entire Colts organization. I couldn't be happier for them!! If there was a way to give the MVP to the entire team, that's who would deserve it. Unfortunately, the MVP is voted for in the first half of the game, and a lot of guys who could have won it didn't get that opportunity to be considered. However, Peyton did share it with them in his post game speech. We've come a long way from throwing his O-line under the bus haven't we, Terry Bradshaw!

If I could I would have every sports writer who ever said that Tony or Peyton would never make it to the Super Bowl, much less win it (especially in the rain), write "I was wrong" 5,000 times each.

P.S. Two special shout outs:

1. To Malcolm Glazer (the owner of the Buccaneers) for firing Tony Dungy at the end of the 2001 season.

2. To all my friends and family members who have put up with me for the last 13 years listening to me talk about Peyton Manning and the Colts (for 9 years). I know you've suffered in more ways than one just having to listen to me, but some of you have even helped me get through some of the lowest lows over the years. And those of you who got to share the victory with me last night, it was much appreciated.

MORE LATER...GO COLTS!!!...And to God be all the Glory!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home