Thursday, November 30, 2006

Weirdo

I was tagged by Jill and with a little time here at the end of my lunchhour, I thought I'd come clean on all my little secrets:

1. I can tell you the entire plot summary of all 179 I Love Lucy episodes within the first 30 seconds of the episode and sometimes with just the title of the episode. I even know most of the Lucy/Desi Comedy Hours that followed the original I Love Lucy. Sometimes I can even recite lines from the episodes without prompting.

2. Talking animals freak me out, but only animated talking animals like in The Lion King or Happy Feet. The last animated talking animal movie that didn't freak me out was Bambi. I am not, however, freaked out by live action talking animals, for instance the new Charlotte's Web...that's ok...I can handle that. I can't explain it, but that's who I am...and don't try to tell me how good those animated talking animal movies are...it won't work. :)

3. I can travel to places no one ever thought possible with my thought processes...I mean incredibly weird like "how did you get there from here" kind of things. For example, say the words "spiced tea" to me and here's my brain's function: Spiced tea makes me think of Ashley because Ashley gave me the recipe, which I in turn used to create gifts for my co-workers last Christmas, one of my coworkers Erica loved the spiced tea, she has a husband named Art who loves Ohio State to which my brain starts contemplating the possible opponents that Ohio State will play in the National Championship game and why the impossible opponents won't be playing them. See...I told you...from Spiced Tea I can get into a debate with myself over who should play Ohio State for the championship.

4. My brain (as evidenced above) is about 95% useless knowledge, and 5% useful knowledge. I know things that no person in their right mind should ever know because there's no reason to. For instance, I know that there are 2 other players on the Colts team who share Peyton Manning's birthday (3/24). The other two players are Mike Doss and Bo Schobel, both defensive players. I also know that Bo Schobel has a cousin (Aaron) who plays for the Buffalo Bills. And that Peyton's birthday is exactly one week after his wedding anniversary. And it's not just limited to sports either. I can tell you that on the show Designing Women the actress who played Charlene (Jean Smart) met her husband on the show he was the actor who played JD Shackelford who was dating the Mary Jo character. The two actors got married and had a baby. Jean Smart was really pregnant when her character was pregnant on the show. See...useless knowledge. I mostly know all of this from reading news articles on the internet until my eyes hurt because I love knowledge (useless or not). By the way, the useful stuff, at least if you're a publicly traded company, I can write your annual report for you. Love that accounting degree.

5. The accounting degree leads me to my next item. I am an accountant because of MTV. Yes, you read that right. When I was in high school, I watched The Real World religiously. The Los Angeles season was on and there was a guy named Aaron on the show who was a student at UCLA studying accounting. I got curious, did some research, and here we are...I'm an accountant.

6. Finally, I yell at the TV...no matter the program: series, news, sports, whatever. I yell at the TV. I know sometimes I'm yelling at make believe stuff, but that doesn't stop me from telling some character that can't hear me that what they did was stupid. When it comes to sports, I'm usually yelling at the referees or giving the players little pep talks. Again, I know they can't hear me, but it makes the show go by faster if I have this little interaction with the TV.

I'm quite certain there are more than 6 weird things about me, but hey...this is what I narrowed it down to. Hope you enjoyed this little look inside Leann.

3 Comments:

At 12/06/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I'll tell you who should be playing Ohio State...Oklahoma, but the refs screwed our record with that ridiculous call in the Oregon game!!! Oh well, I guess I have to settle for the Fiesta Bowl this year :)! Enjoyed reading your quirks!

 
At 1/12/2007 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....that was a mouth full, what's even more wierd is that I get it. Liked your post on DeMeco Ryans as well. He was my favorite at Bama for his last 3 years and I know that he'll always rep Bama well. Are you from Bama or just follow the team?

Ron

 
At 1/12/2007 4:19 PM, Blogger Leann said...

I'm originally from Florida, but I graduated (undergrad and graduate) from Alabama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home