Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Tidbits

  • I can't tell you how terribly excited I am that I walked out of my house this morning to go to work and I actually got a little bit of a chill. The wind was blowing, I felt no humidity, and the high today is actually in the 80s. YAHOO!!!! Please can this stick around for a while?
  • I was at a conference in St. Louis last week, so there was a drought on the blog. Sorry about that. A complete run down of my "exciting" time in St. Louis is coming soon.
  • Last night the NFL team owners voted unanimously in the 5th ballot to name Roger Goodell (above, NFL VP and COO since 2001) the new commissioner, succeeding Paul Taglibue. This is exciting. I was pulling for this guy once the names of the finalists were released and Rich McKay wasn't one of them. If for no other reason, but that he was the only one actually on the NFL payroll. Others had done legal work for the NFL, but none of them had really started at the bottom of the barrel like this guy. He worked his way up from an intern position in 1982...and that's something I can really get behind. Interesting tidbit about the new commissioner's family...his father was an appointed U.S. Senator hired to complete the term of the late Robert F. Kennedy.
  • The Colts' first preseason game is tomorrow (Thursday) night against the St. Louis Rams in St. Louis. (How mean is that...my conference was last week...it couldn't be this week...NOOOO!!) Tony Dungy has promised me the 1st string offense will run 15 plays. I'm holding him to that...while I hold my breath that no one gets hurt. 46 days until I see the Colts play in the RCA Dome in Indy.
  • Tomorrow (Thursday) is my birthday...one year older...yippee.

7 Comments:

At 8/09/2006 2:17 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

I think Dungy will do 15 plays or someone gets hit hard, which ever comes first.

You are playing the Rams..they will more than likely stay all 15 plays.

 
At 8/09/2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

you say it's your birthday, it's my birthday, too...well, no it's not...just yours...happy birthday!

 
At 9/07/2006 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Leann! I guess you're looking forward to the upcoming Manning bowl. I hate to say this, but I've got to ask you to call up your boy Peyton and ask him to lay off the commericials. I've got nothing against him or anything, but when I watch an NFL game and see more of him than I do of either of the QB's that are actually playing, it's too many. Hope you have a great season! (I can say that since there's no way the Colt's would play the Cowboys before the Superbowl).

 
At 9/08/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Oh come on. His commercials are funny. Even Carl thinks they're funny and he's not a Colts fan. I will give you that this year's direct TV commercial where Peyton stops play in the middle of the game to tell us to change the channel to see his brother play Dallas is really stupid. I hate that commercial and I've even started changing the channel when it comes on. With all the funny commercials he's done in the past, that's the best DTV could come up with? Tiki Barber's Dish Network commercial wins that competition hands down.

 
At 9/08/2006 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, ok some of them were funny, like the one where he and Eli are on the tour and keep trying to hit each other without the tour guide noticing. But that one where he was in disguise making the little sales pitch or whatever -- lame.

 
At 9/08/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Oh but that's my favorite one (next to the Mastercard commercials). I crack up every time he says, "if you like 6'5" 230 pound quarterbacks, laser-rocket arm." I love it.

Oh well...not everyone can love him as much as I do. In fact, next to his family I doubt anyone does.

 
At 9/09/2006 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for accuracy's sake I'll correct my previous statement that the Cowboys wouldn't play the Colt's till the Superbowl -- they won't see each other in the playoffs till the superbowl, they actually play the Colts sometime in November.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home