Thursday, May 11, 2006

ABOMINATION

Reason why I don’t watch American Idol anymore:

  • Because people like Chris Daughtry get voted off.

I stopped watching American Idol about halfway through the season that Fantasia won because Jasmine Trias was still in the competition, but if you’ve ever tried to stop watching one of the most popular television shows on the air, then you probably know that everyone around you ends up talking about it, including the morning show I listen to on the radio. So, it’s not that I actually started watching it, but it was definitely hard not to know what was going on. I watched one episode this season when my brother and sister in law were in town. I had been told about Chris’s rendition of Bon Jovi’s “Wanted, Dead or Alive.” I had been told it was fantastic. Jon Bon Jovi even said so in an interview. So I figure if Jon gives him the endorsement then he must be good because Jon isn't always quick to praise people covering his work. Then that one episode I saw sealed the deal. He was uncompromising. Refused to be a cookie cutter popsicle that sounds like everything else you hear on the Top 40 countdown. And that’s what I liked about him. He stood on that stage and said, “this is me, love it or hate it, I’m not willing to stand up here and sound like the next Clay Aiken, I’m only willing to stand up here and sound like the next Chris Daughtry.” I was sad to hear that he was the one who was voted off last night. He was considered the favorite to win the whole thing, and I was fine with that. All this from a show I don’t even watch. :) In any case, I hope that the music industry recognizes this talent even though the voters who actually watch the show couldn’t because if Chris records an album, I’ll be first in line to purchase it. Best of luck, Chris. You deserve much more than the horrible hand that was dealt to you on Wednesday night.

1 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 1:47 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

This season's talent is by far the best. I'm pulling for Taylor Hicks. He makes white boy dancing cool. :-)

Chris sounds like any of the following bands..creed, nickelback, godsmack, 3 doors down.

All good sounding music..but not really new.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home