Monday, May 1, 2006

Loved It!

10 hours in front of the NFL Network on Saturday is exhausting, but I loved every minute of it. Sunday was a little harder to focus on because of other things going on, but I still managed to catch most of it. My favorite part had to be the crickets you could hear chirping at Matt Leinart's table from picks 1 thru 9. He and his entire family (ne entourage) seemed to disappear and leaving one unidentifiable guy just sitting there alone. NICE!

But, who knew the draft would actually start on Friday with Mario Williams signing a contract with Houston before Paul Tagliabue ever uttered the words, "Houston Is On The Clock." I'm impressed with Houston recognizing that they didn't actually need a running back, but sad that Reggie Bush didn't get to lie awake on Friday night wondering if he'd go first or not. I guess lying awake wondering if you'll go 2nd could be just as fun.

I loved Denver trading up to get Jay Cutler. I think in the long run, he's going to be the quarterback out of this class that gets it done and why shouldn't he with Mike Shanahan as his coach and Jake Plummer as his teacher.

Funniest name all weekend: Ashton Youboty. It's funny, EVERY TIME.

Here's how the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Indianapolis Colts did this weekend.

ROLL TIDE and GO COLTS!!

ALABAMA

  1. DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Round 2, Pick 1(33), Houston
  2. Roman Harper, S, Round 2, Pick 11(43), New Orleans
  3. Brodie Croyle, QB, Round 3, Pick 21(85), Kansas City
  4. Charlie Peprah, S, Round 5, Pick 26(158), NY Giants
  5. Mark Anderson, DE, Round 5, Pick 27(159), Chicago

(Apparently cornerback, Anthony Madison agreed to a free agent contract with Pittsburgh following the draft.)

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

  1. Joseph Addai, RB, Round 1, Pick 30(30), LSU
  2. Tim Jennings, CB, Round 2, Pick 30(62), GEORGIA
  3. Freddie Keiaho, OLB, Round 3, Pick 30(94), SAN DIEGO ST
  4. Michael Toudouze, OT, Round 5 30(162), TCU
  5. Charlie Johnson, OT, Round 6, Pick 30(199), OKLA ST
  6. Antoine Bethea, S, Round 6, Pick 38(207), HOWARD
  7. TJ Rushing, CB, Round 7, Pick 30(238), STANFORD

(Can anyone help me pronounce the last names of the 3rd and 4th pick? How's a girl supposed to learn the new players on her team if she can't even pronounce their names? It took me long enough to learn Polamalu, and he's not even a Colt.)

2 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this has been up for a week or so (hey its finals time) but frankly I'm amazed that someone can actually spend 10 consecutive hours in front of the TV watching the draft, and I'm a sports fan.

 
At 5/05/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Leann said...

Oh come on...who wouldn't love Rich Eisen for 10 straight hours. Of course if I had to hear that Queen/David Bowie/Vanilla Ice song one more time, I think I would have thrown something at the TV.

The highlight really was Corey Chavous from the St. Louis Rams. He blew me away at how much information he knew about all these players. You could tell he wasn't being fed this information and that he really had done his homework. When he pulled out his DVD case and showed all the game film he had on these athletes I felt so absolutely inferior.

Next year, I'll invite you over for the 10 hours and we'll have a competition on who can survive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home