Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Mayhem

In the midst of my busy work schedule (be careful what you wish for when you wish for more work), I thought I'd take some time out to give you some quick hits:

  • A really nice article about Peyton Manning's work off the football field can be found here.
  • The 2006 NFL draft is this weekend. I can't wait!! It's a sign that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel and the season is right around the corner.
  • Leading up to the draft, this will be quite an interesting week for Reggie Bush in a way he probably didn't expect. I do have to wonder how he can say he knew NOTHING about it. But, take it from this girl who has read, cover to cover, a NCAA sanction report, the NCAA does not care whatsoever if you knew about the violation that occurred...only that it actually occurred.
  • Jessica and I are going to see the Colts play in the RCA Dome in Indianapolis on September 24th against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Oh yeah, the seats are 11 rows from the field in the very center of the end zone!! We're all set...now we just need the calendar to quickly make it to September.
  • Faith's first day in my nursery class was on Sunday. She was a real trooper, but I think she's on to me. She kept looking at me when I would hold up a certain animal during the lesson as if to say, "Miss Leann, that is SO NOT a squirrel." She's a bright one and a treasure to have her in class. Next week, Nelson joins us in an effort to balance out the girl to boy ratio. After that, Rachel will be coming in to take charge and steal all the boys' hearts with her smile!
  • I recently purchased the Saving Jane CD. They're the group that sings "Girl Next Door". The entire album is really good, and there's even a hidden song. I didn't really pay much attention to it when I first heard it, but after a couple more listens, I realized it was a song to God. The lyrics are perfect, and the song is absolutely too short! It's called, "You Say":
    I've been calling and calling for You but You answer and I shut my mouth.
    I've been searching and searching for You but myself I don't want to be found.
    You say I AM, You say Let go, You say believe, but its not that easy for me.
    You say wait, You say right now, don't you see you're already one foot in the ground.
    You say

    I've been wicked and wild and wrong and I've wondered the price of my shame.
    I've been hiding my face for so long its a wonder that You know my name.
    You say come home, You say I'm here, you say there's some things you just can't control,
    You say let me, You say believe, why do you search for the answers you already know.
    You say I am the Way and the Light and the Truth,
    don't be mislead by the flight of your youth,
    Have faith in the things you can't see to believe

    What if you had faith in Me?
    You say rest here, this is your home, don't you see that you knew I was here all along,
    You say...

2 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened that could effect USC and Reggie Bush?!?!

Good song by Saving Jane. I didn't know you got the cd. Glad to hear it's a good one.

 
At 4/25/2006 9:15 AM, Blogger Leann said...

You can find an article about Reggie Bush and probably links to previous articles on the "situation" here. It remains to be seen how much in rent that his parents paid for the house they lived in as NCAA regulations require it to be at least market value.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home