Tuesday, January 17, 2006

2006--Looking Forward

I went to see Last Holiday on Friday night with my friend Megan (hope you made it back to ACU safely). It was a pretty good movie even if I figured out the hook about half way through. One interesting arc to the story was this journal that Queen Latifah's character kept called Possibilities. It got me to thinking...I'm a typical girl in this fashion...I over think things.

Well...even though the one thing I wanted to happen in 2006 has no chance of happening, I decided to make a list of things that I'm looking forward to. Just to cheer me up.

  1. Bon Jovi returns to the MCI (Verizon) Center on February 2nd. I'll be there rocking the night away.
  2. Pro Bowl in Hawaii on February 12th. Travel packages including tickets and hotel stays start at a little more than 1500. That's cheaper than the TV I was gonna buy for the Super Bowl, but I doubt they'll put the package on my Best Buy card and give me 3 years to pay. :) Oh well...my comfortable chair will be just fine and if I turn the heat up maybe I can simulate Aloha Stadium.
  3. My brother and sister in law are coming to visit during their spring break. More importantly, they're driving up and Janet and I get to go shopping!!
  4. March Madness. It probably won't turn out the way I want it to, but come on 32 games in 2 days. It doesn't get much better than that.
  5. My mother is finally retiring in May after 40 years of teaching.
  6. Silly enough, I'm looking forward to seeing which finalists for the NFL Hall of Fame are inducted. Old school Troy Aikman fan right here!!
  7. Going to St. Louis for the annual conference in August. I've never been, maybe I'll make a stop over in Indianapolis on my way back so I can knock one more sporting venue off my list. :) Some people check off states, I check off sporting venues.
  8. Last (but never least)...whatever God has in store for me. The possibilities are endless and that's half the fun.

Well, that's my list. Anyone else got a list of things they're looking forward to in 2006? It's a little spin on the whole new year's resolution thing.

2 Comments:

At 1/17/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Leann said...

Yes, the Dirksen building is the building right next to mine.

 
At 1/18/2006 8:31 AM, Blogger McCoy family said...

I'm looking forward to:

finally finding a job that I enjoy

getting serious about getting into shape

our kittens getting out of the "kitten phase"--I would really like to be able to put our breakable items back out and not have to shoo them off of the counters

my sister graduating from college in Dec.!!!

learning Portuguese from Tafanie and Suz

visiting Mike's parents and hopefully his brother...maybe even going out to Iowa to see him(!)

going to Prague for our anniversary (and one day convincing Mike that we should go somewhere tropical)

(I'm not sure I am looking forward to, but I am definitely curious about) the transition our small group will go through when the Bighams move to Germany

ditto for where Hannah will end up working...hopefully not too far away!

I'm looking forward to several things...it's funny, last year I was looking forward to being engaged, and then dying for all of the planning to be over, so for now, I'm looking forward to less drama (please, God) and resolving things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home