Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Let the Games Begin

I'm officially scared, nervous, anxious, worried, etc. etc. etc. The playoffs begin Saturday, and while the Colts have the week off due to their division win and best AFC record status, I'm still nervous as all get out because every team that I didn't want them to have to play in the playoffs is in the playoffs. I realize that they are playing the best in the AFC, but it certainly doesn't help my blood pressure any to think of the prospects for their first playoff game. Thankfully they won't have to play Denver on that first game because the idea of Peyton vs. John Lynch is keeping me up at night. Add to that the fact that the Colts will have play at least someone they have already beaten during the season...possibly someone they've already beaten twice this season. Teams hold grudges and I don't even want to think of the grudge held by some of these teams. After that Arizona game on Sunday and seeing the playoff picture, I just thought to myself that Indy is going to have to bring it. No slacking off, no we should win just because we're Indy...no they're going to have to bring it...every bit of it that they have...every game...because none of these teams are going to lie down and die for them.

So I decided a couple weeks back when I started getting scared, nervous, anxious, blah, blah, blah...that maybe I should come to terms with the idea of them not making the super bowl. So I sat down and thought about it. I desperately want them to go this year because I think they have a great team and I don't know that Tony Dungy will ever have this great of a team again. Peyton (Heaven help me) much like John Elway is talented enough to eventually win a super bowl...even if it has to come during his last seasons in the NFL. Therefore, while I really would love to see it happen this year...I've come to terms with the idea that it won't be the end of the world if they don't. God determines the end of the world, and I doubt He's planning to end it just because the Colts don't make it to the super bowl. Call it a hunch. :)

In any case...let the games begin and may the best team win...the best team that plays with everything, every game and not just the best team on that particular day.

5 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word is if the Colts make the Super Bowl, you are buying yourself, your brother, and your dad a big screen tv. Is this true?

 
At 1/07/2006 9:19 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Yes, to be housed in the basement of my house in Virginia. Sammie is my dealer (or should I say instigator) for this situation. He's been watching the sales for me while I've been watching the games.

 
At 1/07/2006 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if Peyton actually wins a BIG game and gets to the Super Bowl, you should buy your brother one for his house, your dad one for his house, and while your at it, buy one for Sammie and his house too.

 
At 1/07/2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Sammie already has one in his basement...bought it during the Super Bowl sales last year.

 
At 1/07/2006 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy Sammie another one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home