Monday, December 19, 2005

Through HIS Eyes

This past Friday/Saturday my home was opened to my small group for our Christmas Secret Santa Exchange Party. We'd talked a long time about having a small group sleepover with movies and games and such. And we finally decided to plan it for the Christmas party. So Friday night (what I called Christmas Eve) everyone came over and played games, watched movies, hung out, ate, etc. We went to bed around 2am and I'm told my floor in the basement is actually comfortable. :) Saturday morning (what I called Christmas Day) we got up and had breakfast, played a little trivia game about our friends (Congrats to Ashley and Jill for winning), and exchanged our presents. (Thanks to J.Mo for my "wedding" album even if he is in the dog house right now.) From what I could tell, fun was had by all and I finally got the kitchen all cleaned up. :)

But at some point, I think on Friday night, I kind of sat back and just stopped for a second to observe. Everyone was having a great time, but I almost cried. A good cry though. Every now and then God stops me where I am and lets me see my life through His eyes and everything becomes so much clearer. In that moment, I felt so blessed to have the friends that I have. To know that even though I might not have the worldly things that I expected my life to have by now, I still am so truly blessed with the things that I NEED! Of course, no one at the party knew I was in that moment, but that was ok because that's how God likes to have me observe these moments. When no one is looking...it even takes me by surprise most times. So for all the blessings in my life, Thank you God for helping me to recognize them. And if you are a blessing that God has put in my life, I thank you for allowing Him to do that.

During this time when the world suggests we celebrate Jesus (though we should celebrate Him all year long), take the time to look around you and observe the blessings He's given you...but do it through His eyes. It's so much clearer!

3 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 9:22 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I can only assume that it was my presence that made you feel like crying...in a good way, right?

 
At 12/19/2005 10:00 PM, Blogger Leann said...

Eh...it's Christmas...why not...Yes you're exactly right.

The gift of delusion is one that just keeps on giving. :)

 
At 12/20/2005 12:28 AM, Blogger Jacque said...

You're totally right Leann...it was a wonderful time. I had my own little "sit back and sigh" moment. We're so blessed to have amazing friends - who even welcome us back after being away! I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home