Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Failure

***Additional Information since original posting: I found out on my way out of my office building last night that not only did he come to Washington to attend the state dinner on Monday night, but at some point during Monday, he actually came into my office building complex. He was here, literally steps away from me and I didn't know. Man...I think I'm going to have to fire some spies.***

I feel like such a failure. I pride myself on pretty much being able to guess/determine where Peyton is pretty much year-round. He's a creature of habit, so it's not all that difficult to gauge where he is since he has roughly the same off-season routine every year.

Reasonable assurances placed him this week at mini-camp in Indianapolis, IN following his annual attendance of the Kentucky Derby with his family (and from what I understand...this year he brought along nearly the entire Colts starting offense). However, ESPN radio on my drive in this morning informed me otherwise of his whereabouts. He and his wife (the lovely, former Ashley Thompson of Memphis, TN pictured below) attended the state dinner last night at the White House honoring Queen Elizabeth II's visit to the United States. Not only that, but he's been in DC since at least Sunday when he was fitted last minute (according to CNN Headline News) for his required white tie and tales tuxedo.

Well I guess I'm allowed a slip-up every now and then. I'll try not to let it happen, again. :)

3 Comments:

At 5/11/2007 4:06 PM, Blogger laurielea82 said...

Wow he was even in your building?!? Lenan, you might have died of shock if you left your office to go to the bathroom or something and ran into him unexpectedly!

 
At 5/11/2007 4:12 PM, Blogger Leann said...

That's so true. It probably would have gone something like HOLY MOLY PEYTON MANNING...and then the next thing I know I would be waking up with someone fanning me and waving smelling salts in my face. You think Peyton would have stayed around until I came to?

 
At 5/16/2007 1:12 PM, Blogger Sign2Jill said...

So, are you going to write a tribute to Gilmore Girls?!?!

I can't believe it's over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home