Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Questionnaire

I'm an avid viewer of Inside the Actors Studio with James Lipton. I know his monotone demeanor and penchant for 1,000s of blue cards on everything about his guests down to the part they played in the 2nd grade play have made him an easy target for spoofing on shows like SNL, MadTV, The Simpsons, and The Chappelle Show, but I LOVE his interviews with some of the greatest entertainers of our time. They are the most in depth, raw interviews you'll find of these people because they're in their own words. My favorite part of every interview though is the questionnaire at the end. Lipton says it was made famous by Bernard Pivot (pronounced Bear-Nard Pea-Vo cause he's French), himself an interviewer of celebrities...mostly authors.

Last night as I was watching the Michelle Pfeiffer interview, I wondered what my answers to the questionnaire would be, and then I wondered what other people's answers might be. So, here are my answers. Feel free to answer these questions yourself on your own blog or in the comments section of my blog...or don't. I'm not requiring it or "tagging" anyone to do this. Just do it if you feel like it.
  1. What is your favorite word? friend (Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a close second)
  2. What is your least favorite word? cancer
  3. What turns you on [creatively, spiritually or emotionally]? Sadly because I wish it were something different than this, but my favorite sports teams and athletes winning.
  4. What turns you off? cruelty/bigotry/racism AND opinionated people who think their way is the only way (there's more than one way to skin a cat, people)
  5. What sound or noise do you love? Nelson calling me Ann-Nee AND the sound of the cars zooming by around the turn to the straightaway on a NASCAR race
  6. What sound or noise do you hate? nails on a chalkboard AND trucks beeping when they back up
  7. What is your favorite curse word? this one is tough because I don't really curse, but I do say Dang It a lot
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? NFL Commissioner OR Bakery Owner
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything where you have to be outdoors all day long, i.e., construction worker, landscaper, etc. I'm an air conditioning and heating kind of girl.
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? It does, and I want Him to say, "well done, my child. Come on in...I can explain."

1 Comments:

At 8/07/2007 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Favorite word: hope
2. Least favorite word: gone
3. Turn-on: an original idea
4. Turn-off: People who always blame somebody else
5. Sound or noise I like: good church singing
6. Sound or noise I hate: listless church singing (I don't care if people are off key as long as they are trying)
7. I wish that I could say that I don't cuss, but I do slip sometimes, and when I do it is either "d*mnit" or "sonuvab*tch".
8. Other profession i'd like: journalist/writer
9. Other profession I wouldn't like: prison guard
10. What I would like to hear God say: See Matthew 25: 35-36

 

Post a Comment

<< Home